Call Global Gateways +91-9035603603, +91-9448042480 mail Global
Free Consultation
Great News: Canada aims to welcome 485,000 new permanent residents in 2024, 500,000 in 2025 and 500,000 in 2026. Canada Express Entry program.

Work in Australia

Australia Work visa consultants

More commonly known as a country that offers temporary work to travellers, Australia does have a lot to give those looking for something more permanent.

Job market in Australia

As you would expect, tourism is one of Australia's top industries, and as a result, hotel and bar work should be easy to get. In addition to this, jobs in agriculture, manufacturing and telecommunications are on the increase.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has compiled a skilled occupation list, which includes jobs such as electrician, nurse and forester. Dependent on the visa you are applying for you will have to select a job from this list and prove you are bringing skills into the country.

If you would like to teach, have permanent Australian residency and a Bachelors degree you could enrol on the Teach for Australia programme. Similar to Teach First in the UK, you will carry out training to work in disadvantaged schools.

Work experience and internships in Australia

Doing a work placement or internship can help build up your skills as well as giving you the chance to make contacts who could help you to get a permanent job.

There are lots of dedicated agencies who can help you to arrange your experience, but most charge a fee so make sure you find out all associated costs before signing up.

Volunteering in the Netherlands

Volunteering Australia is the national body working to advance volunteering in the country. You can search for opportunities, find the nearest volunteer resource centre and find out more about how you should be treated while volunteering.

If you have a love of the outdoors and an interest in the environment you could get involved with Conservation Volunteers Australia . From helping 12 endangered Australian species to the protection of coastal zones and waterways the organisation has something for everyone.

Australian visas and immigration

If you've completed a Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree, you may be eligible for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485). This allows international students who have recently graduated from an Australian institution to work in Australia temporarily after they've finished their studies. Alternatively, you could ask your employer to sponsor your new visa.

If you want to stay in Australia independently of employer sponsorship, you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect . The skilled migration program was introduced to help address regional skill shortages. The type of visa you apply for will depend on your circumstances and the work you will be doing.

Useful Links


Get in Touch


Disclaimer: Global Gateways, Do not offer consultancy on overseas jobs / work permits / international or domestic placements etc. We are primarily Visa and immigration advisory company that offers consultation on Visa and immigration options. We are not associated with any government authority or department of immigration. We neither assist in any kind of Job / employment offers nor do guarantee any kind of domestic / International placements and visas.

Get in Touch

close slider
Contact Us