Why Migrate To Canada?
- Huge demand for skilled immigrant talent
- Huge requirement for young eligible people
- Less rigorous immigration process compared to other English speaking nations
- Free healthcare and education for permanent residents
- Safe, comfortable country with welcoming people
- Vibrant cities that are home to migrants from multiple countries
- Excellent life style. One of the most livable countries in the world.
Express Entry, the new Canadian immigration selection system, help to make the immigration process simpler and quicker for candidates.
Express Entry is an immigration program used by IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada) to select skilled and eligible Applicants to Canada using the following economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class (formerly the Federal Skilled Worker Program)
- Federal Skilled Trades Class (formerly the Federal Skilled Trades Program)
- Canadian Experience Class
- A portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs
THE EXPRESS ENTRY PROCESS:
Determine your eligibility
Candidates eligible to immigrate to Canada under a federal economic immigration program may enter the Express Entry pool. Consequently, the first step to be taken should be to determine your eligibility for one of these programs.
If you are eligible, you can move on to the next step in the process.
If you are not currently eligible, you may strive to become eligible by improving your core human capital factors in areas such as your skills, work experience, language ability, and education credentials. Becoming eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs is the first step towards immigrating to Canada through Express Entry.
Complete an online Express Entry profile
Candidates for Canadian permanent residence who are eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada by creating an online profile. They provide information about their skills, work experience, language ability, education, and other personal information.
Candidates who meet the criteria of one of the aforementioned federal economic immigration programs are placed in a pool of candidates who are ranked according to a Comprehensive Ranking System. If a candidate does not already have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer or a provincial nomination, he or she may register with Canada’s Job Bank. As of June 6, 2017, registration in Canada’s Job Bank is no longer mandatory. However, registering in the Job Bank may improve a candidate’s visibility to Canadian employers.
Improve your profile and ranking
Candidates in the Express Entry pool are ranked according to the Comprehensive Ranking System following components are considered:
- core human capital factors;
- accompanying spouse or common-law partner factors, if applicable;
- skill transferability factors; and
- Factors relating to a provincial nomination, qualifying offer of arranged employment, Canadian study experience, a sibling in Canada, and/or French language ability.
There is a total of 1,200 points available under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
The Government of Canada selects candidates from the Express Entry pool according to their ranking. Accordingly, it is in a candidate’s best interests to strive to improve his or her ranking in the Express Entry pool in order to maximize his or her chances of receiving an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence.
Receive an Invitation to Apply and submit your application for permanent residence
Who can choose the immigrants from Express entry pool?
- The government of Canada based on the skill shortage
- Provincial Governments and
- Canadian employers.
The highest-ranked candidates (i.e. candidates considered to have the best chances for economic success in Canada), and those with valid job offers or provincial nominations, are then invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence. From this point, candidates have 60 days to submit an electronic application for permanent residence. IRCC takes about six months to process applications from the date of submission.
Candidates must ensure that they complete all necessary forms and submit all supporting documents within this time frame. On completion of the process, successful candidates and their dependents (spouse and children) will land in Canada as permanent residents.
Candidates in the Express Entry pool who do not receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence in Canada after 12 months may resubmit their profile and re-enter the pool, if they still meet the criteria of at least one of the economic immigration programs.