What is Tier 2 Dependent Visa? How to apply? How to apply UK Family Visa?
What is Tier 2 Dependent Visa? How to apply? How to apply UK Family Visa?
This visa is issued to the spouse, child or family member of a Tier 2 visa holder.
A Tier 2 Visa is a visa that falls under the Points Based System (PBS), built up for outsiders living outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland, to come and work in the UK.
Candidates that end up in one of the accompanying classes can apply for a Tier 2 Dependent Visa:
- Tier 2 General – For the very gifted laborers with an occupation offer in a deficiency calling in the UK.
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion – For the religious specialists with an occupation offer in a religious post in a confidence network in the UK.
- Tier 2 Sportsperson – For sportspeople or game mentors with a vocation offer in the game segment for a position profiting the general progression of the UK sport.
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer – For the remote laborers or graduate students of a worldwide organization in an outside nation, with work offer in a UK part of a similar organization.
Who qualifies as a Tier 2 Dependent?
In the event that an individual is living in the UK under the Tier 2 Visa, or applying for a Tier 2 visa, at that point they are permitted to convey their wards to the United Kingdom.
There is a thin rundown of who qualifies as a Tier 2 subordinate, as pursues:
- Unmarried or same-sex accomplice.
- Child matured under 18 at the season of utilization.
- Child more than 18, on the off chance that they’re as of now in the UK as a ward.
How to apply for a Tier 2 Dependent visa?
Contingent upon whether they are in the UK at the season of utilization, or outside the UK, Tier 2 Visa holders’ wards should pursue a UK visa application process that contrasts from the other.
Wards applying from outside the UK
At the point when a ward applies from outside of UK then they should apply on the web. They ought to likewise give their biometrics at the visa application focus as a major aspect of the application procedure.
On the off chance that they are allowed with a visa, they should gather the Biometric Residence Permit inside 30 days of their landing in the UK.
Wards applying in the UK all alone
On the off chance that the ward is as of now in the UK in another sort of visa, at that point they can apply to change to Tier 2 Dependant Visa, without returning to their nation. In any case, remember that one can’t change from a guest visa to another sort of visa. The UK visa that the dependant is as of now holding when applying to change to Tier 2 Dependant Visa must be some kind of for example working visa, contemplating visa and so forth.
Just the mate or offspring of a Tier 2 Visa holder are permitted to apply online in such case. In the event that the candidate needs a response for a shorter period they can generally utilize a need administration, or get a choice upon the arrival of their application at an exceptional administration focus. Obviously, for such administrations one should pay additional charges.
The wards will likewise need to give their biometrics, fingerprints and photograph, at a specific Post Office branches on the off chance that they connected on the web, for which an expense of £19.20 must be paid. This should likewise be possible at an exceptional administration focus in the event that they connected face to face.
Level 2 Dependent Visa Eligibility Criteria
There are a couple of prerequisites that the Tier 2 Visa holder must satisfy so as to have the option to convey individuals with him to the UK. Aside of the wards having a place with one of the classes recorded over, different necessities are as recorded underneath:
- Ability to pass the general reason for refusal of a UK visa.
- Capacity to qualify as a relative of a Tier 2 vagrant. You must be a relative of an individual who:
- Applies alongside you, or as of now holds a Tier 2 visa.
- You’re their accomplice and they as of now hold an ILR or British citizenship, in the wake of having held LR in Tier 2 visa classification.
- You’re their youngster and they as of now hold an ILR or British citizenship, in the wake of having held a LR in Tier 2 visa class.
- Lawful movement prerequisite. You should not have entered or remained in the UK illicitly, for example without a visa, or have a past filled with exceeding. This is the key prerequisite while applying for an expansion or settlement license.
- You must not plan to stay in the UK when your accomplice’s or parent’s visa terminates.
- Financial prerequisite. You should have the required cash to take care of your subsistence costs.
- Capability to qualify as an accomplice of a Tier 2 vagrant (If you’re applying for Tier 2 Partner Visa).
- Age necessity. Both, you and your accomplice must be at any rate 18 when you touch base to the UK, or while getting the visa.
- Your accomplice’s movement status. Your accomplice must be in any of these circumstances:
- Holding a substantial Tier 2 visa.
- Applying with you for Tier 2 visa as the principle candidate.
- When you apply for a Tier 2 Dependent Visa augmentation, your accomplice must hold a legitimate ILR in Tier 2 visa classification, or a British citizenship, subsequent to having held a LR in Tier 2 visa class.
- Married/common accomplice key necessities. You should not be in a polygamous marriage/common organization with your accomplice.
- Unmarried/same-sex relationship key prerequisites. You and your accomplice ought to have been in relationship same as marriage/common association for in any event 2 persistent years.
- Genuine relationship necessity. The connection among you and your accomplice ought to be certifiable and you should design living respectively for the whole time of remain in the UK. What’s more, you should not be firmly identified with one another, so that in the UK wedding each other would be viewed as illicit.
You need to show proof that you have an extra £630 available for each dependent that you plan to bring to the UK. If you present a bank statement, the money most have been in your bank account or your dependent’s bank account, for longer than 90 days before the application date.
You will not need to show proof of your savings only in case you have a fully approved (A-rated) sponsor or you possess a certificate of sponsorship that states your sponsor will provide each of your dependents with at least £630 per month if they need it.
Tier 2 Children Dependents
When it comes to bringing children to the UK under the Tier 2 Dependent Visa, things are a bit more complicated. The process of the application process for children depends a lot in the relationship of their parents. That is why, for a child to qualify for a dependent visa, he or she must meet one of the following:
- The whole family is applying for UK visas at the same time (one parent is applying as under the Tier 1 visa, while his/her spouse and children as their dependent)
- Both parents are in the UK (one of them or both under the Tier 2 Visa), while the underage child is applying to join them from abroad as a dependent
- One parent is in the UK, while the other is applying together with the child to join as a dependent from abroad
However, exempt from meeting one of the above rules are the families with one of the following cases:
- When only one parent is alive
- When one parent holds the sole responsibility for the child
- When there are serious or compelling considerations which must be taken into account
In either case, documents must be submitted when applying in order to prove that the applicant is in one of the above-mentioned situations.
Required Documents for a Tier 2 Dependent visa
A person applying to get to the United Kingdom as the dependent of a Tier 2 Visa holder, must submit the following documents during their interview with the interviewer:
- Appointment sheet. Proving the applicant has appointed a visa interview.
- Passport. Valid for 6 months beyond the planned stay, with at least one blank page in order to be able to affix visa
- Application form. In some locations you can only apply by making an online application, check that with the UK embassy in your home country. If you can apply online, take the confirmation form with you. If you cannot, fulfill the application form, print it twice, sign them at the end and bring both with you.
- One UK visa photo in color. 45mm high by 35mm wide, taken within the last month and printed to a professional standard.
- Original birth certificate or marriage certificate. It must show dependent’s relationship to principal Tier 2 work visa holder.
- Previous passports. In order to show your previous travel history. If you have more than one, do not staple them. Instead, just tie them with a rubber band.
- Official translations of every document that is not in English
- Tuberculosis screening. If you are from a country the nationals of which are required to take a tuberculosis screening
The embassy or consulate where you are applying holds the right to require extra documents from you or your sponsor. Before starting to gather the required documents ask the embassy in your country for a checklist, just to make sure, because in some countries you might be asked for extra or less documents.
You documents, including your passport will remain at the embassy / consulate, during the time your application is being reviewed.
Tier 2 Dependent Visa Work Eligibility
If you come to the UK and you have the required age which permits you to work, then you are allowed to take a job according to your qualifications. The only exception is that Tier 2 Dependents are not allowed to work as a doctor in training.
In addition, if you come to the UK as a Tier 2 Spouse Dependent then you are not allowed to switch your visa to a Tier 2 Visa once in UK, even if you find a job that requires highly skilled persons. You will have to return to you home country and apply from there in order to be able to obtain a Tier 2 Visa.
Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension
Every person remaining in the UK as a dependent of a Tier 2 Visa holder, has the right to apply to extend their stay in the UK. The applicant needs to meet the requirements, as well as the Tier 2 visa holder. You cannot extend your visa if the main Tier 2 Migrant decides to leave the UK when their visa period ends.
What I Am Allowed To Do with a Tier 2 Dependent Visa?
These are the main activities you’re allowed to perform in the UK as a Tier 2 Dependent:
- Stay in the UK for as long as the main Tier 2 Migrant legally lives in the UK.
- Travel outside the UK.
- Work under some restrictions.
- Study under certain conditions.
- Take a postgraduate course.
- Get married/enter into a civil partnership.
- Extend the visa.
What I Am Not Allowed To Do in the UK with a Tier 2 Dependent Visa?
These are the activities you’re not allowed to perform in the UK as a Tier 2 Dependent:
- Use the public funds and benefits.
- Work as a dentist/doctor in training, or as a sportsperson.
- Study in a restricted study field.
Can a Tier 2 Dependent Visa Holder Apply for Settlement Permit?
You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after having lived in the UK for 2 continuous years (if initial application was made before July 9, 2012) or 5 continuous years (on, or after such date). This applies if the person on whom your stay in the UK relies on qualifies for settlement permit, or has already been settled permanently.
Requirements to Apply for a Settlement Permit as a Tier 2 Dependent
- Evidence of possessing a valid Tier 2 Dependent Visa.
- Evidence for having been in the UK for 2 or 5 continuous years.
- Proof of absences you have made from the UK during the qualifying period of residence.
- Proof of that your parent/partner has a valid Tier 2 visa. Or, they are settled or have become British citizens.
Can I Study in the UK as a Tier 2 Dependent?
As a Tier 2 Dependent, you can study under certain restrictions. This includes being at least 18 of age to be able to study, and most likely getting an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) Certificate.