Skilled independent visa program allows to live and work in Australia
Skill Select – Australia’s skilled independent visa program allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
Skilled visas can be one of the quickest ways to obtain permanent residency in Australia.
The Australian Skilled Visa program operates through the Department of Home Affair’s online ‘Skill Select‘ Service. Skill Select is a points-based immigration system designed to choose the best and brightest for migration to Australia.
Skill Select covers three separate visa subclasses:
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa
- Skilled State or Territory Sponsored Subclass 190 visa
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489 visa
The Skill Select program is a complex multi-stage process requiring a detailed understanding of the requirements and processes involved. Hammond Taylor offer the full range of services, from assessing your eligibility for a skilled visa to ensuring each stage of the process runs as smoothly and within as short a time as possible.
Our services include assessing your eligibility for and assisting with:
- the Skills Assessment process (including applications to Trades Recognition Australia, VETASSESS, Engineers Australia, the Australian Computer Society, or other relevant skills assessing body);
- Applications for State Nominations;
- The Expression of Interest process;
- The visa application process;
- Liaising with the Department should any issues arise.
If you are not eligible for the Skill Select program, we will recommend other visa pathways, such as Employer Sponsored, Family, or Student visas, which may be suitable depending on your circumstances.
Distinguished Talent visas
Distinguished Talent visas are available to individuals with an outstanding record of global achievement. A very limited number of visas is granted each year for those with a global reputation in their field of expertise.
If you are world renowned expert in your field and you wish to live and reside in Australia on a permanent basis then the Distinguished Talent pathway may be the most suitable option.