How to apply for Canada Tourist Visa
Canada Tourists Visa is a temporary Canadian immigration option that allows tourists to visit Canada for the purpose of tourism & leisure. Canada tourist visa is also known as Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). The Canada tourist visa is granted for a maximum period of 6 months.
There are two types Canada tourist visa:
- Single entry visa
- Multiple entry visa
Both the visas are valid for a fixed period time & can’t be used after they expire.
A single visitor visa holder can enter Canada just once. After the visitor visa holder leaves Canada, except for travelling to the places like the United States, Miquelon and St. Pierre, he or she should get the new visa to enter Canada again. If the tourist is traveling to the United States (including its Territories and its dominations) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, he or she will have to get a new visitor visa to get back to Canada.
A multiple entry visa holder can visit Canada and also he can go back for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. These multiple entry visas also can be valid for up to 10 years, or for one month before the visa holder’s passport expires, whichever happens earlier.
These Eligibility Criteria for Canada Tourist Visa
For tourist visa in order to meet the eligibility criteria, following things you will need to prove to the immigration authorities to get the tourist visa:
- Valid passport
- Medically fit
- You should have financial resources that means you will have to pay for your expenses while you’re in Canada
- If you are residing out of Canada and other binding ties that will ensure your return home after your visit to Canada
- You should have the plan to remain in Canada for a specific and limited period of time
- You should not seek or undertake employment while you’re in Canada
- No criminal record
- don’t create a security risk
- Should agree to accept the laws of the land
- Maybe you’re required to undergo a medical examination or test