Ireland Tourist Visa or Irish Visit/Holiday Visa is issued to people who wish to visit Ireland for the purpose of tourism or pleasure trips or to visit friends and family members residing in Ireland. It is a short stay visa that is granted for the purpose of temporary visits only.
Ireland Tourist Visas are granted for a maximum period of 90 days (3 months) only.
A visitor with a tourist visa is required to leave Ireland on or before the date stamped on the passport by the Immigration officer in Ireland. Holders of tourist visa in Ireland cannot extend their stay beyond the 90 days period.
Eligibility Criteria for Ireland Tourist Visa
For temporary immigration in Ireland through an Irish tourist visa, you will be required to fulfil the following conditions:
- You will have to provide a current and valid passport with at least six months of validity after the date you intend to leave Ireland.
- You must substantiate the purpose of your visit by either a letter of reference or documentary evidence of a hotel booking which provides details of the dates when you will be in Ireland.
- You will be required to provide satisfactory evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence after your visit. You may provide your employment or family commitments in your country of residence to assure the officials about your intention to return.
- You will have to provide evidence that you are able to fully support yourself financially during the entire period of your stay in Ireland. You may be required to provide a detailed bank statement covering a six-month period immediately prior to your visa application to prove that you have sufficient funds in your account to cover the costs of your visit to Ireland.
- In case you are staying with family or friends in Ireland, you may submit a letter from your host that claims your full financial responsibility. Under such circumstances, your host will have to provide the necessary proof that he or she has sufficient funds to support you financially during your stay in Ireland.
- You must have insurance cover and provide its proof at the entry-point in Ireland.
Steps to follow to apply for Ireland Tourist Visa
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for Ireland Tourist Visa, you will be required to follow the procedure mentioned below:
Step 1: Fill the tourist visa application form
You need to fill the application form for Ireland tourist visa. The application form is available online and you can launch it by clicking on the link www.visas.inis.gov.ie. Carefully fill up the form and submit it online.
Step 2: Print the declaration
After you submit the online application form, a declaration/summary will be generated. Print the declaration/summary and put your signature on it. You must make sure that you are able to print from the computer on which you are filling the application form online.
Step 3: Gather your necessary documents and fees
After submitting your online application, gather all the documents needed for supporting your visa application, your passport, the required photographs and the visa application fees.
Step 4: Submit a signed summary of your online application
You will be required to submit a signed summary of your application form, original passport, passport-sized colour photograph, the relevant application fees for the visa and all supporting documents to the relevant Irish Embassy / Consulate / Visa Office.
You will be able to get information about the details of the appropriate office, the fee payable and the method of payment from the website shown on the printed summary of your application form. Note that applications without all relevant documents will not be accepted.
Also remember that submitting the online application form is only the first step in your visa application process.
Your application for visa will be processed only when the online application form is completed and the relevant supporting documents, passport-sized photograph and appropriate fee are received by the relevant office, as indicated by the online system.
Tracking your tourist visa application
You will be able to track your visa application by contacting the embassy or consulate-general to which you had submitted it. You will have to quote the reference number from your application for this purpose.
Required Fees for Ireland Tourist Visa
Visa Fees for Single Entry Visa Type – EUR 60 (INR 4,670.7) Visa Fees for Multiple Entry Visa Type – EUR 100 (INR 7,784.51) Note:
- Your application fee will not be refunded if your visa application is refused.
- The conversion into Indian currency is based on current conversion rates which may change.
Applying for a re-entry Ireland Tourist visa
If you leave Ireland before the completion of your visa and wish to return, you will require a re-entry visa to enter Ireland again. Note the following things about a re-entry visa:
- Ireland tourist visa is issued for a single entry to the State.
- In case you have a valid reason to leave Ireland for a short period of time before the completion of your visa, you must apply, in advance of making any travel arrangements, for a re-entry visa.
- Before a re-entry visa can be issued, you will have to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau.
Ireland Tourist Visa Waiver Program
You will be exempted from the requirement of having a tourist visa to enter Ireland if you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below. This list includes the EEA member states along with Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.
Dos and Don’ts for Ireland Tourist Visa Application
Remember the following dos and don’ts while applying for Ireland tourist visa.
Fill youronline application form with correct information. Keep allrelevant and supporting documents ready for verification by visa officials. Keep copiesof all documents submitted with your visa application. Original documentslike your birth certificates and marriage documents will be returnedto you. If thereare any specific documents that you want to be returned to you, you will haveto submit a list of these documents along with your application. You cankeep a tab on the progress of your visa application by checking online atVisa Decisions to see if your visa has been processed. You will require yourVisa Application Number to check the progress. This list is updated on a weekly basis.
- Do not submit false documents in support of your application
- Do not hide or misrepresent facts in your visa application
- Do not purchase your travel tickets prior to a decision being made on your visa application. If you have to purchase tickets then book refundable tickets for your journey.