+91-9035603603, +91-9448042480 info@globalgateways.co.in
Free Consultation
Great News: Canada aims to welcome 465,000 new permanent residents in 2023, 485,000 in 2024 and 500,000 in 2025. Canada Express Entry program.

UK Tier2 Visa

UK Tier2visa

UK skilled worker visa

A visa allows the skilled worker to come or stay in the UK with a job offer from an approved employer. A skilled worker visa is replaced with a Tier 2 (General) work visa.

Eligibility to Apply

  • They approved UK employer by Home office.
  • Certificate of Sponsorship from UK Employer.
  • Job should be listed in the Skilled occupation list.
  • You should get minimum wages depending upon your work.

What are minimum wages mean

    GBP 25,600 per year.

    GBP 10.00 per hour. The going rate for the type of work you will be doing.

    Point System

    The skilled worker visa allows employers to recruit non-UK resident workers for specific eligible jobs. This visa eligibility score is 70 based upon particular requirements such as skill and salary level, English language ability, and having a qualifying job offer from a UK sponsor.

    Job offer By approved Sponsor NO 20
    Job at appropriate skill level NO 20
    Speaks English At the required Level NO 10
    Salary Of GBP 20,480 to GBP 23,039 YES 0
    Salary of GBP 23,040 to GBP 25,599 YES 10
    Salary of GBP 25,600 or above YES 20
    Job In a shortage occupation (as designated by MAC) YES 20
    Ph.D. which is relevant to the job YES 10
    Ph.D. In STEM YES 20

    English Language Requirement

    • PTE-PTE UKVI or PTE home
    • IELTS-IELTS for UKVI or IELTS life skills

    You had a GCSE: a level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5. Scottish higher or advanced higher in English, gained through study at a UK school that you began when you were under 18.

    Having a degree-level academic qualification taught in English, if you studied abroad, you would need to apply through ECCTIS for confirmation that your stuff is equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree, master's degree, or Ph.D.

    For doctors, nurses, and dentists, a vet language test is not required if they pass an English language assessment accepted by the relevant regulated professional body.

    Application Fee:

  • If you are applying from the Outside UK, then Upto 3 years-GBP 625 per person More than 3 years-GBP 1235 per person
  • If you are applying for the UK to extend, switch or update your visa, the standard fee depends on whether you will be in the UK for: Up to 3 years-GBP 719 per person. More than 3 years-GBP 1423 per person.
  • If the job is listed in the shortage occupation list, The fee for each person applying is : GBP 479 if you are staying up to 3 years. GBP 943 if you are staying for more than 3 years. Health care surcharge –GBP 624 per year

Money to support yourself/Proof Of Fund

GBP 1270 has to be there in your bank account It should be there in the account for at least 28 days. In a row, Days 28 must be within 31 days of applying for the visa.

Proof of Fund Exemption

If you have been in UK for the last 12 months with a valid visa

Your employer can cover your cost during your first month in the UK up to GBP 1270

Your Partner and children.

Your Partner and children can apply to join you or stay in the UK as your dependents if they are eligible. If their application is successful.

Your relationship

  • Your husband, wife, civil/unmarried Partner.
  • Your child under 18, including if they were born in the UK during your stay.
  • Your child over 18 if they are currently in the UK as your dependent.


You are in a civil partnership or marriage that is recognized in the UK. You have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply. For Child, if your child is 16 or over. Live with you Not be married, in a civil partnership, or have you financially support any children

    Partner Visa Fees

    • GBP 285 for your Partner.
    • GBP 315 for one child.
    • GBP 200 for each additional child.

    Visa Timing

    • 3 weeks, if you are outside UK.
    • 8 weeks if you are inside the UK.
    • But you should apply before 3 months you start to work in the UK.

    Document checklist

    • Certificate of Sponsorship reference number-Employer will Provide.
    • Proof Of Knowledge of English.
    • Valid Passport.
    • Job Title and annual Salary.
    • Jobs Occupation code.
    • Name of your Employer and sponsor license number.
    • Proof Of Fund (Bank statement).
    • Proof of relationship with your Partner and Children .
    • Tuberculosis Test result.
    • Police clearance certificate.
    • Valid ATAS Certificate if you are a Ph.D. holder.

    • Useful Links

      Why Global Gateways


Get in Touch


Disclaimer: Global Gateways, Do not offer consultancy on overseas jobs / work permits / international or domestic placements etc. We are primarily Visa and immigration advisory company that offers consultation on Visa and immigration options. We are not associated with any government authority or department of immigration. We neither assist in any kind of Job / employment offers nor do guarantee any kind of domestic / International placements and visas.

Get in Touch

close slider
Contact Us