Call Global Gateways +91-9035603603, +91-9448042480 mail Global
Free Consultation
Great News: Canada aims to welcome 465,000 new permanent residents in 2023, 485,000 in 2024 and 500,000 in 2025. Canada Express Entry program.

Canada Federal skilled workers Visa


Canada, the wealthiest country in the world as per the UN notifications, offers you an excellent opportunity to get a job through Canada Federal visa program that would pay approximately ten times of the standard Indian salary for the same job. The eighth highest per capita income record shows about the Canada’s life style and the standard of living. The Second largest country in the world offers a great employment opportunity through their Federal Skilled Worker Visa program to professionals in various fields of operations and Industries.

Who is a federal skilled worker?

Skilled workers are chosen as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other factors. These things often help them succeed in Canada. People can apply to immigrate to Canada under "Federal skilled worker" category. Skilled workers apply under this category if they want to live in any Canadian province or territory except Quebec.

Eligibility to apply as Express Entry

This program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.

How this program works

This program has minimum requirements and you must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible.

Selection factors

If you meet all the minimum requirements, we’ll then assess your application based on:

  • age
  • education
  • work experience
  • whether you have a valid job offer
  • English and/or French language skills
  • adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle here)

These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. You earn points for how well you do in each of the 6 factors. Minimum you should get 67 points from above all before you apply.

How we use selection factor points

We use the selection factor points to assess your eligibility for the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Once you’re in the Express Entry pool, we use a different system to rank your profile. We select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for permanent residence.

Minimum requirements Skilled work experience

Skilled work experience means you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:

  • Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
  • Professional jobs (skill level A)
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)

You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be:
  • In the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
  • Within the last 10 years
  • Paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
  • At least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Language Ability

You must:

  • Take approved language tests in English or French for:
    • Writing
    • Reading
    • Listening
    • Speaking
  • Get a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities
  • Enter the test results in your Express Entry profile

If you have studied school in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:

  • Secondary (high school) or
  • Post-secondary school

If you have foreign education, you must have:

  • A completed credential, and
  • An Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canada.
Proof of funds

You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada, unless you:

  • are currently able to legally work in Canada
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada

You must be admissible to Canada.

Contact Us

Educational and professional qualifications (Maximum 25 points)

To get a free assessment for your profile and free consultation to know about the opportunities for Canada and for all countries and visas you may please contact Global gateways Bangalore, the successful Visa and Immigration and consultants over a period of 21 years . Call Now: 080- 41142233

Call Global Gateways expert counselors and check your Eligibility and take free counseling.

Useful Links


Get in Touch


Disclaimer: Global Gateways, Do not offer consultancy on overseas jobs / work permits / international or domestic placements etc. We are primarily Visa and immigration advisory company that offers consultation on Visa and immigration options. We are not associated with any government authority or department of immigration. We neither assist in any kind of Job / employment offers nor do guarantee any kind of domestic / International placements and visas.

Get in Touch

close slider
Contact Us