What are the benefits available for Australia PR Visa Holder
With a high standard of living and balanced lifestyle backed by a strong economy and scenic landscaping, Australia is the choice of migration compared to other countries. People migrate to Australia to have a better life. Before doing that, you need to apply for the Australia PR Visa (Permanent Residency) in order to be granted a right to live, work and study without limitation in Australia. Having said that, let us evaluate the benefits of becoming a Permanent Resident in Australia.
- As a permanent resident, you will be given a permanent visa. This entitles you to the right to live in Australia indefinitely. You can enjoy the facilities of unlimited travel to and from Australia once you become a permanent resident. However, initially, the permanent visa is given for a period of five years and has to be applied again from either outside Australia or from within the country.
- On procuring the permanent residentship, you also enjoy unlimited freedom to pursue the course of study that you prefer. Permanent residents have various options to choose when it comes to University education. There are certain education loans that are available only to permanent residents. These loans are extremely helpful in managing your financial crisis that may arise due to the additional expenses associated with your study.
- The next important aspect of permanent residence is regarding work permit. Working in Australia becomes easier with a Permanent Resident Visa. Permanent residents can work for any employer in any occupation. But, working in the Public Service or Armed forces is strictly restricted to the Australian Citizens. This, however, does not distinguish the industrial laws between the permanent residents and citizens. Permanent residents enjoy the same benefits under these laws as the citizens. They can become a part of trade unions and can claim worker’s compensation.
- As regards to social security, the permanent residents must hold on for a period of two years before they are entitled to receive social security benefits like sickness, unemployment and student benefits that are offered by Australia’s Social Security Department.
- An important benefit that the permanent residents will enjoy is the health care entitlement. As a permanent resident of Australia, you will enjoy the privilege of health insurance scheme run by the government called Medicare. Under Medicare, you could receive free treatment at a public hospital and subsidized medicine.
- Permanent residents can also sponsor their relatives for acquisition of permanent residence. But this is possible only after the applicant meets certain residence and support assurance pre-requisites.
- Children of permanent residents who are born in Australia are deemed Australian citizens by birth. This will be one great advantage because they will enjoy the maximum benefits in the field of education and healthcare.
- Permanent residents have the right to take up some professions in Australia like that of a migration agent or any government position.
- The permanent resident of Australia is also granted the right to travel to New Zealand and apply for a New Zealand Visa. This is a provision that has been granted by the government of New Zealand.
- The permanent resident of Australia has the right to apply for Australian consular assistance overseas when things get a little rough abroad.
Of course, there are a number of formalities and criteria to be fulfilled to be considered a Permanent Resident of Australia such as Visa Application, and so forth. The benefits above are the driving force why people are increasing considering Australia migration as their first choice. In a recent report by ‘The Advertiser’, a local Adelaide’s tabloid, it says that Australia is the ultimate destination for any immigrant looking to settle down as it provides everything one can ask for.