Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa – Australia
Benefits to the Aspirant
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa enables you and your family members (who have been granted this visa as well) to:
- Permanently reside in Australia
- Study and work in Australia
- Get enrolled in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health care and related expenditure
- Apply for Australian citizenship provided that you are eligible
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency in Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia for five years from the date of issue of the visa
Including family members in your visa application
You can list these below mentioned family members in your visa application:
- Your partner – married or de facto (same or opposite sex)
- Your or your partner’s dependent children
- Other dependent family members
Your application must contain evidence of your family members’ relationship to you. Also, they must be able to meet the health and character requirements mentioned under the Eligibility Conditions section.
How the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa works
- Before you apply for this visa, you need to have been nominated by an Australian employer to work in regional Australia. You have to submit your visa application within six months getting approval of the nomination. The visa application has to be under the stream and occupation in which your employer has nominated you, otherwise it could be rejected. You can apply for this visa in or outside Australia. However, if you are applying for this visa in Australia, you must already hold one of the Bridging visas A, B or C, or a substantive visa.
- For the definition of ‘regional Australia’ and for postal codes that are classified under ‘regional Australia’, visit the relevant links.
- In case you have not been nominated by an employer, you have to submit an Expression Of Interest (EOI) through the online service SkillSelect. You have to indicate which stream you want to be assessed for in your EOI. When you submit your EOI, potential Australian employers can view it in Skill Select. They will then assess it and come to a decision regarding nominating you to apply for a visa for skilled migration. You can submit your EOI if you are in or outside Australia.
- If selected through Skill Select by an approved Australian employer, you will receive an invitation asking you to apply for the visa from the Skill Select system. When you receive an invitation, you have to submit a visa application online. You will subsequently have 60 days from the date of invitation to do so before the invitation expires. During this time, you are not allowed to modify the information in your EOI.
Global Gateways, Visa and Immigration Consultants based in Bangalore, specialise in immigration to Australia and New Zealand. Global Gateways has above all worked as a specialist in Australian immigration since 1997 and take pride in a reputation for professionalism and high ethical practice.
You can find detailed information with respect to employment and business prospects, and specific requirements in various States and Territories on their websites. For more details on any of the sections of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187), visit the relevant links.by