A Complete guide of Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

A Complete guide of Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

A Complete guide of Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

A Complete guide of Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

Saskatchewan is home to one of the country’s most rapidly growing economies and populations, thanks largely to the arrival of immigrants from around the world.

Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie Provinces of Western Canada. Its economy is primarily based on agriculture and important natural resources industries like forestry and fishing. It boasts two major cities, Saskatoon and Regina, as well as vast expanses of pristine wilderness.

The SINP is Saskatchewan’s Provincial Nominee Program. Through this program, prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province may receive a Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will allow that foreign national to apply for Canadian permanent residence with processing times that are faster than other Canadian immigration classes.

The SINP accepts applications under the following categories:

  • International Skilled Worker Category
  • Saskatchewan Experience Category
  • Entrepreneur and Farm Category

Each these categories may have one or more sub-categories. Below we provide you with additional information about each of these categories to help you determine if the SINP is right for you.

International Skilled Worker Category

This category accepts applications from skilled workers who plan to live and work in the Province of Saskatchewan. Applicants are measured based on a points system and can be nominated under one of three sub-categories.

International Skilled Worker – Employment Offer

This sub-category is for skilled workers with a skilled job offer from a Saskatchewan employer.

International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand

This sub-category is for highly skilled workers with experience in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan, who do not yet have a job offer in the province.

International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry

This sub-category enables the province to nominate individuals who are already in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry pool and have skilled work experience in an in-demand occupation in Saskatchewan.

Saskatchewan Experience Category

This category is for foreign workers that are currently living in Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan Experience Category accepts applications under the following sub-categories:

Existing Work Permit

This sub-category is for individuals who have been working in Saskatchewan for at least six months under a valid work permit.

Health Professionals

This sub-category is for individuals who have worked as a physician, a nurse, or in another health profession in Saskatchewan for at least six months.

Hospitality Sector Project

This sub-category is for individuals that are currently working in Saskatchewan as food and beverage servers, food counter attendants, kitchen helpers, or housekeeping and cleaning staff for at least six months. The employer must receive approval from the Province of Saskatchewan before the applicant begins work in Canada.

Long Haul Truck Driver Project

This sub-category is for individuals who are currently working for an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan. Drivers must be working in Saskatchewan for their current employer for a minimum of six months before applying.


This sub-category is for students who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. Among the requirements, the student must have worked in Saskatchewan for at least twenty-four months before applying, or for six months if the institution is in Saskatchewan.

Entrepreneur and Farm Category

This category is for individuals who wish to own and actively operate a business or farming operation in Saskatchewan.

Entrepreneur Sub-Category

This sub-category is for individuals who wish to invest management talent and capital in Saskatchewan by establishing, acquiring, or partnering in a business the province. Candidates are expected to take on an active management role in the business. This sub-category functions on an Expression of Interest model.

Farm Owners and Operators Sub-Category

This sub-category is for experienced farmers with considerable capital looking to invest in a farming operation and settle in the province of Saskatchewan, and a genuine.

Posted in Business / Investor Visa, Canada, Canada PNP, Saskatchewan, Study Abroad, Tourist Visa, Visa and Immigration, Work Abroad | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Ways for young people to move to Canada

Ways for young people to move to Canada!

Ways for young people to move to Canada!

Ways for young people to move to Canada!

Canada is a top destination for young people who are seeking an affordable travel destination and for those seeking a safe, prosperous country to permanently immigrate to! The Canadian government recognizes the unique needs of young people regarding traveling and immigrating, so there are a range of options for young people who wish to travel to Canada, either temporarily or permanently!


Canada is a global leader in providing educational opportunities for international students. Not only are Canada’s universities some of the top ranked schools in the world, but international students get to study in a country which boasts a high level of safety and celebrates cultural diversity! After a person receives a degree or diploma in Canada, it becomes much easier to immigrate permanently, so this is a great pathway for those who seek to make Canada their permanent home!

Canadim’s Study-2-Immigrate program helps people who are interested in becoming international students in Canada. Eligible individuals are paired with an Educational Counselor who provides one-on-one assistance in finding a school, gaining admission, and submitting a study permit application. To find out if you’re eligible for this program, complete Canadim’s free student assessment and we’ll contact you to discuss your options!


The Working Holiday program is designed to give young people the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. Through the Working Holiday program, youth from participating countries can get open work permits, authorizing them to work in Canada for up to 12 months. Working Holiday work permits are “open” work permits, so you have the freedom to live and work anywhere in Canada!

This program is part of International Experience Canada. In order to be eligible, you have to be from one of the IEC participating countries, and be under the maximum age limit. The maximum age changes depending on which country you’re from, but it’s usually under 30 or 35.


The Young Professionals program allows people from other countries to gain work experience in Canada by working with a Canadian employer. You need to already have a job offer from a Canadian employer to participate. So if you don’t already have a job offer, coming as an International Student or through the Working Holiday program may be better options.

Under the Young Professionals program, you can get an employer-specific work permit, which allows you to work in Canada for one employer in one location for the duration of your stay.

This program is part of International Experience Canada. Like the Working Holiday program, you need to be from a participating country and be under the maximum age limit for your country.


The International Co-op Internship program is an excellent option for students who are attending school outside of Canada. This program allows international students to complete an internship or work placement in Canada as a part of their post-secondary education. In order to apply, you need to have already received a job offer for a work placement or internship which is required to finish your studies.

Successful International Co-op Internship program applicants receive an employer-specific work permit, meaning that they will have to work for the same employer in the same location for the duration of their time in Canada.

This program is part of International Experience Canada. So, you need to be from a participating country and under the maximum age limit for your country.

Posted in Business / Investor Visa, Canada, Immigration, Study Abroad, Tourist Visa, Visa and Immigration, Work Abroad | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Study in Netherlands

Study in Netherlands

Study in Netherlands

Study in Netherlands

If Rembrandt, Van Gogh, and speed skating go together in your mind, and you like mobility and open-minded people, then perhaps you were made for studying in the Netherlands.

Extra treats are the internationalised community, hearing English spoken as frequently as Dutch, great museums, and a colourful nightlife. Sure, the rainy weather might be a bit of a downer, but you won’t mind about that when you have the great company.

What can we say? There are few other study destinations better than Netherlands. But it’s never a bad idea to give you more specific details so you know what you’re getting yourself into.

Why study in the Netherlands?

Students choose to do their degrees in the Netherlands for a multitude of reasons, starting with the fact that the Dutch are easy-going, as well as English-savvy.

Add to that the laid-back, informal style of teaching, that’s focused on the student’s experience, and there’s no surprise the Netherlands is a top study destination in Europe.

Those who are pickier choose Netherlands because of its unique culture and its geographical position in the heart of Europe, which makes many neighboring countries equally accessible.

What to study in the Netherlands

Numerous English-taught programmes and native English-speaking teachers make studying in Netherlands very appealing to international students. And there’s no other country that can beat Netherlands at programmes related to Water Resource Management.  By now you already suspect that some of the most popular study options in this country are related to Engineering and Tech.

Here’s some key subject areas you can study in Netherlands:

  • Study Natural Sciences in Netherlands;
  • Study IT in Netherlands;
  • Study Engineering in Netherlands;
  • Study Social Sciences in Netherlands;
  • Study Business in Netherlands.

Major cities in the Netherlands

The Netherlands has ten major cities that attract both students and tourists, and are great urban hubs, starting with its capital, Amsterdam. Dutch cities are often lively, environmental-friendly, and maintain a cultural vibe.

Some of the best student cities that you can choose from are:

  • Study in Rotterdam;
  • Study in Utrecht;
  • Study in Eindhoven;
  • Study in Tilburg;
  • Study in Groningen;
  • Study in The Hague.

Which universities to attend in the Netherlands?

With over 10 universities featured in international higher education rankings, Netherlands is an exciting country to study in. Dutch universities attract their students with a casual approach to education and top English-taught degrees.

If you don’t know where to start looking for a Dutch university, you can have a sneak-peak of the following options:

  • Study at University of Twente;
  • Study at Radboud University;
  • Study at Utrecht University;
  • Study at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam;
  • Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e);
  • Wageningen University & Research.

Practical Information

How to apply to universities in the Netherlands

The Dutch higher education system is based on the Bologna process. Although there is an official country website providing information about studying in the Netherlands, applications should be submitted via universities’ internet pages.

Generally, you have to go to the programme website and follow the next steps:

  • Fill in the online application;
  • Pay the application fee;
  • Upload all the required documents before the deadline expires.

Each degree and university have their own application requirements, so pay attention and carefully check the list of documents.

Usually, the documents required are:

  • A copy of passport or ID card;
  • A passport photo;
  • A personal statement in English;
  • Copies of secondary school diplomas, certificates and/or grade lists in English, French, German or Dutch;
  • Transcript of records;
  • Proof of English/Dutch language proficiency;
  • Proof of payment of application fee.

Some universities may require extra documents, such as:

  • CV or resume (including two referees);
  • Motivation letter;
  • Sample of academic written work.

Helpful ways to make sure you qualify for a Dutch university

Take Preparation Courses: These kinds of courses enable degree-seeking students to get an extra educational boost just before they start their Master’s degree or other post-graduate degree programmes. Try a pre-M.B.A., pre-Law, or pre-Medicine programme, as well as any other foundation or preparation courses that will allow you to study in the degree programme of your choice.

Improve your English through an English-language prep course: If you’re attending a degree programme in the Netherlands, you will need to prove that your language skills are good enough to participate in the classes and understand the lectures; some schools will require Dutch, while others will require strong English skills. These courses will also prepare you for any of the English-language tests that universities require.

English-language tests

The language certificates you will need to provide, depending on the language in which you wish to study, are:

  • For Dutch: Dutch TUL or Dutch NT2-II diploma;
  • For English:  TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge.

Sometimes, if you don’t hold a language certificate, you can take a language test at the university and find out if your level is good enough.

This option is only available at some universities, so always check with the institution!

Posted in Europe, Netherland, Study Abroad, Visa and Immigration | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment