Moving to Canada under Express entry from Canada Temporary Worker
Just possessing the work permit does not guarantee the transition to Canada PR under Express entry from Canada Temporary Worker. The first factor that will be considered is the eligibility requirements that are required for entering the pool of Canada Express entry.
The immigrant applicants looking to move from Canada Temporary Worker to Canada PR under express entry must qualify under the Skilled Worker Federal Program, Skilled Trades Federal Program or the Experience Class Program Canada.
The requirements of each program are diverse which implies that the Canada Temporary Worker possessing the work permit must get their eligibility assessed separately for each program.
Below requirements for work experience must be fulfilled by the Canada Temporary Worker to qualify for Canada PR through CEC or FSW.
- They must possess full time, continuous and paid work experience in one or multiple jobs. The working hours must be 30 hours weekly for 52 weeks.
- If it is a part time job, it must be 15 hours weekly for 104 weeks.
- The job must be included in the Federal classification for occupations under skill type A or B or 0.
- The job must correspond to the applicant’s primary NOC.
- The job roles must correspond to the duties illustrated in NOC.
The job offer possessed by the applicant must satisfy the criteria elaborated for work experience for CEC, FST, and FSW. If not it will be invalid while assessing the eligibility, as quoted by the Canadim. Apart from this, the employer must possess a positive impact assessment for Labor market for the job. The exception to this is only if the applicant possesses work permit approved for LMIA or work permit exempt from LMIA for a qualified job.
The validity of the Job offer must be for a minimum of one year after the Canada Temporary Worker obtains Canada PR.