Why study in Germany

Why Study in Germany

Why study in Germany

Why study in Germany

1.8 Million Students around the world go overseas to attend a university. Almost one tenth of these college students pick out to come back to Germany. Germany has a lot of offers for overseas college students, be they first-year college students or postgraduates.

Germany universities integrate age-vintage traditions with contemporary technologies. More than 300 Universities are featured on Campus Germany: from time-honoured establishments offering college students the classical repertoire of topics including medicine, regulation, English and German to innovative new institutions of better education with interdisciplinary examine applications. German universities are open to each person who fulfills the conditions and academic freedom is one of the primary concepts of the German university system.

Universities here integrate research and study. They’ve been the scene of many groundbreaking discoveries and that they’re internationally renowned. German universities appeal to college and students from around the sector. Current German universities also integrate theoretical work with its sensible application. They each educate and train – basic studies is augmented via applied research. Interdisciplinary cooperation is common and lots of them cooperate carefully with multinational firms and with other studies institutes in Germany and overseas. Ultimately, this will increase the graduates’ probabilities on the task marketplace.

Many of today’s college students now not need a purely theoretical education. a variety of universities of carried out sciences in Germany after balanced instructional schooling necessary for an expert profession. Realistic enjoy in local agencies is regularly a part of the curriculum. German groups are inquisitive about attracting well-educated graduates from abroad. And in many cases, these former students can maintain to work for the business enterprise as an overseas spokesperson after they return home.

For the international scholar and critical function of maximum German universities is they do not charge lessons expenses. University Education in Germany is federally funded.

Courses and Degrees in Germany

From Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering to Zoology – observe courses at German universities are legion and German college students can pick out from an expansion of over eleven 000 different diploma courses.

Degree applications – those primary take a look at publications cause a first college degree including Bachelors, diploma, or maybe a Masters or state exam. The entrance requirement is the general qualification for university front (“Abitur” or equivalent) but some specialized degree courses might also have extra requirements inclusive of pre-take a look at work enjoy or front tests.

Special Graduate study programs generally require an applicable first degree and/or work history. They are geared toward college students wishing to in addition qualify in unique regions of their first degree.


Masters – 15/16 Years education

Bachelors -10+2 Years education

GRE / GMAT – a few schools will require these checks. it’s far advisable to do them as you are competing with students all over the international.

TOEFL / IELTS – those are required unless you get a letter from the college pronouncing it has been waived for you.

Work Experience – students with previous paintings revel in are given desire in good business colleges.

German isn’t a demand but is recommended.

Entrance tests

German schools and universities require that each one their candidates take one or greater standardized assessments. These assessments encompass the GRE (Graduate file exam) and GMAT (Graduate control Admission test). Additionally, applicants who aren’t individuals additionally need to take the TOEFL (take a look at of English as foreign Language) or IELTS (maximum standardized exams are designed to measure a scholar’s abilities, as opposed to a pupil’s quantity of information). The questions in those tests examine your potential to resolve problems, no longer your know-how of facts (which include crucial historic dates or elements of the human anatomy).

The function of standardized assessments is to present schools a manner to evaluate all their candidates on an identical stage. Evaluation of grades received in publications or on assessments is not always sufficient due to the fact distinctive colleges have specific educational requirements. An admissions counselor at a university has no manner to determine how hard the commercial enterprise or economics route you took was. Through evaluating your score on a standardized takes a look at to the rating of some other scholar who took the same standardized test, the counselor has a higher concept of the way the 2 of you evaluate.

Worldwide Graduate college students applying for an arts or technology program may be required to take the TOEFL / IELTS and, commonly, the GRE. Graduate students making use of to an enterprise application can be required to take the TOEFL or in some cases the IELTS and, commonly, the GMAT. Find out directly from the colleges to that you would love to use what assessments are required.

A few faculties will receive you even without any of these checks and could provide you an I-20 primarily based on your prior schooling & paintings enjoy by alone. But, Visa officers may ask you to your check scores because it exhibits your seriousness approximately studying in the Germany.

A short description of every of those standardized tests are given below:


In most elements of the arena, TOEFL is a computer-based check. In a few areas, paper-based totally testing is likewise to be had. Paper-primarily based tests are administered on predetermined dates; computer primarily based assessments can be taken on an appointment foundation. The check includes the whole more than one choice question. An essay query is also required.

The computer based test incorporates 4 sections:

  • Listening
  • Speaking
  • Reading
  • Writing

To discover more about the TOEFL test, such as how to register, where to take the take a look at, and how to gain practice materials, visit www.toefl.org we strongly endorse which you have a few kind of experience with a TOEFL test prep program earlier than you sit for the TOEFL examination.


IELTS is the worldwide English Language trying out gadget which checks English skill ability throughout the globe. Conducting in 1.4 million exams globally, IELTS is the world’s most famous English testing system.

IELTS assessments are held in over 500 centers with checks as much as four times a month. IELTS respects global variety and is fair to anyone who sits the take a look at, regardless of nationality. You may choose from two styles of IELTS check: instructional or fashionable education, depending on whether or not you need to observe paintings or migrate. Each module is made up of four components – Listening, studying, Writing and talking. IELTS effects are graded on the unique IELTS nine-band scale. To help you prepare, IELTS affords to take a look at samples and official IELTS practice substances. You aren’t restrained in how typically you may take a seat the test.

For more info on IELTS visit www.ielts.org


The GRE well know test evaluates your mathematical and verbal ability. It’s miles designed to measure your reasoning competencies, rather than your information of any precise situation be counted. Challenge count testing is executed with the GRE subject assessments. These tests need to be taken by using college students who have a bachelor’s diploma (or very good sized training) in that difficulty. They cover eight exclusive problem areas: (1) biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology; (2) biology; (3) chemistry; (4) computer technological know-how; (5) literature in English; (6) mathematics; (7) physics; (8) psychology. The GRE additionally gives a Writing assessment test that asks extra hard questions than the general check. It measures your important and analytical questioning talents. It’s also non-compulsory so that you ought to take a look at with the faculties to that you are applying to discover if it’s miles required. The general test and the Writing assessment are each laptop-primarily based, whilst the problem exams are paper-based. To discover greater approximately the GRE tests, together with how to register, where to take the exams, and the way to acquire education materials, visit www.gre.org.


The GMAT is designed to evaluate your mathematical, verbal and analytical writing skills. Again, it measures your capacity to apply knowledge, in preference to the quantity of knowledge you have got. It’s miles a computer primarily based check and contains each a couple of preference and essay questions. For extra records at the GMAT, including how to sign up and put together for the take a look at, Visit www.mba.com.

Entry Dates & Admission closing dates

German universities are very specific about cut-off dates. Any application reaching overdue isn’t processed, irrespective of how fantastic. The cut-off dates are as follows:

Iciness Semester (October)

Summer Semester (April)

In case you want to ship your applications for important assessment first, then the closing dates are as follows:

Winter Semester (October)

Summer Semester (April)

After your qualifications are cleared, you need to then follow to the respective universities before the above-referred to closing dates.

It’s far advocated to use 6-eight yr earlier and no later than 3 months if you have all of your test rankings so as. Please preserve 8-12 weeks for visa approval.

Funds Required

The consumer must deposit €8000 in DCB (Deutsche relevant bank) and he/she can have to get right to entry to of €500 every month.

Tuition Fees

Training is free in maximum universities; however, there can be other registration expenses & different prices to be born. Those vary between universities & states.

Visa Fee

The cutting-edge utility rate for a student Visa is EUR60 (presently approx. Rs 3800/-). The fee is the challenge to exchange without observing.

Air ticket

It depends on where you fly from & how early you book your ticket.

Proof of Funds for Visa

You’ll be required to expose that you could pay in your training & living charges at the same time as you’re in Germany.

Germany student Visa

Any worldwide scholar who intends to undertake complete-time take a look at in a path at a registered institution of higher schooling in Germany wishes to obtain a student Visa. The Visa, which is granted initially for a period of up to three months by the German Embassy/Consulates fashionable, permits the holder to go into Germany. However, it will likely be extended via the able Foreigners Registration office (Auslanderbehorde) whilst the student duly registers himself/herself in the first three months of his/her live in Germany. The extension is achieved for 365 days at a time, as much as the duration of the route. A scholar Visa is legitimate for multiple entries. Additionally be aware that the observe allow holders can not follow for the dependants. You’ll want to head in man or woman for the visa interview.

Posted in Germany, Study Abroad | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment