Australian Visa

Australian Visa – Things You Need to Know

Australia is a great country to visit for both its natural beauty and the great landmark structures which are why it is no wonder that people want to acquire Australian visa so that they can travel to this country. Every year, many tourists visit this awesome country to enjoy the beauty of nature as well popular structures like the Sydney Opera House. Travel visas are required for going on vacation to Australia and for that, it is always best to consult and seek the guidance of travel agents to get the Australian visa.

The first and foremost thing of importance though is to confirm that your agent is verified. The agent must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) and the agent must also follow guidelines set by the DIAC. Next, you must know the rules for getting family and tourist Australian visa. The tourist visa is required by anyone, apart from a New Zealander, to enter Australia. Besides, this visa remains valid for 12 months from the issue date and it even allows for entering Australia multiple times. This Australian visa allows one to stay in the country for 3 months at a stretch. And acquiring a tourist visa is usually hassle free – it only takes about 24 hours to be issued.

Only people from selected countries are eligible for this visa. Still, fewer nationals are eligible for the ETA or Electronic Travel Authority Australian visa. Those who can avail this will not even have to fill application forms. However, some basic requirements are- not working during the stay in Australia, not undergoing any tuition classes, not having tuberculosis and taking a chest X-ray test if some classroom program of 4 weeks or more is to be taken.

For family migration Australian visa, it is necessary to have some living Australian relative already in that country. Under this visa system, parents, children, and spouses are the three categories. The normal procedure is for the relative living in Australia to present sponsorship papers for the visas of other family members. There is a special test called the ‘balance of family’ test concerning parents which tries to establish the balance in the number of children in Australia and abroad.

Only those who have lived in Australia for over two years can lodge sponsorships for Australian Visa for their parents. The parent, if still of working age, has to establish that his/her Australian citizen child is still dependent on him or her. And the special test comes into the picture once the parent is beyond the working age.

Posted in Australia, Immigration | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment