Australia Direct Entry Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186
A business that is lawfully operating in Australia and complies with the immigration rules has the right to nominate a skilled worker under this scheme. This is a permanent residence visa scheme and is not dependent upon the applicant’s stay in Australia at the time of application. It is advisable that the applicant files for a substantive or a bridging visa A, B or C; in case he/she is in Australia at the time of application.
There are three routes to getting this Visa:
Temporary Residence Transition Stream: Visa subclass 457, allows a skilled employee to work on a nominated skill with an approved sponsor for 4 years. If you have 2 years work experience as a visa 457 holder, you are eligible for a Temporary Residence Transition stream that allows you to get a permanent position for the same skill and with the same sponsor.
Direct Entry Stream: Another route for obtaining permanent residency is to apply for visa subclass 186, under the Direct Entry stream. However, you should have been nominated by your employer for this visa before the period ending 1st July 2012. Migrants who have worked or never worked in Australia or do not qualify for a Temporary Residence Transition stream can avail this route to apply for permanent residency in Australia.
Agreement Stream: This stream is applicable for employees who are sponsored by an employer by signing a labor agreement.
The eligibility for this visa is based on the assessment of various factors like skills, age, type of stream, language, health and character.
- You should be nominated by an approved Australian employer, 6 months prior to submitting your visa application.
- Unless exempted, you should be under 50 years of age at the time of application.
- You should possess the skills necessary to perform the role you have been nominated for, which includes a mandatory registration from the post, a license or a professional membership that is verifiable.
- Unless exempted, you should have proficiency in English language.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
- Meet the requirements of expertise in the field of occupation, for which you are being nominated for.