France Visa Application Requirements
Depending on the purpose of your journey to France, there are extraordinary sorts of visas with the intention to practice to the occasion. Whether you are planning to head on a visit, study or work and live there permanently, you will have to apply for a different France Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the France Visa considering that 1997 whilst France, as a Member of the European Union, also have become a member kingdom of the Schengen region. Monaco – an ECU microstate / metropolis-state positioned inside France – is taken into consideration part of the Schengen area even though it did not formally signal the unique files of the agreement. Except, no border control is done for the Schengen international locations surrounding it!
On the other hand, Andorra as any other microstate located between France and Spain performs border controls, therefore to enter it you should obtain a multi-entry Schengen visa since you should enter the Schengen Area while going or leaving Andorra.
Stat: As according to 2014, France has issued a complete of 2,613,995 uniform Schengen visas.
Stat: As per 2015, France has issued a complete of 2,997,410 uniform Schengen visas from 3,356,165 visa software acquired. The Visa rejection fees become 9.9%.
General required documents for a France Visa Application:
- Download the France Visa Application form; fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the France Schengen Visa application form
- Electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Examine greater approximately photograph requirements and specs for a French Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your preceding visas – valid for at the least three months past return date – are required. Your passport should have at least two blank pages.
- A duplicate of your return-price ticket reservation. It isn’t advocated to buy the ticket earlier than acquiring the visa – if not in any other case required
- Travel visa coverage affirmation of minimum 30,000 € insurance inside France and the complete Schengen location
- A cover letter stating the reason for a visit to France and itinerary
- Flight price ticket reservations. Find out the way to get a flight reservation for France Visa utility without paying the actual flight.
- Proof of accommodation in your complete lives in France.
- Evidence of civil popularity (marriage certificates, beginning certificates of children, dying certificate of the partner, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay
Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
Leave permission from the employer
Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
A copy of your business license
Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
Proof of enrolment
No-objection certificate from school or university
Pension statement of the latest 6 months
Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally to the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your French Visa application.
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of the France Visa Application:
French Tourist Schengen Visa:
Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
Bank statement of the last 6 months
France Visa for Business Purposes:
Invitation letter from the French company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
Regarding the applicant’s expenses during the stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
France Visa for Medical Purposes:
A local medical report
A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in France, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
Payment receipt of medical fees
France Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit, expense coverage
Names of the applicants (crew members)
Duration of stay in France
Travel itinerary while in France
France Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
The official invitation copy
Identity of applicant
Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
Duration of stay in France
Place of accommodation in France
France Visa for Study, Training, Research, or another type of Internship Purposes:
An enrolment certificate allowing attendance of courses
Certificate of completion or courses attended
France Visa for the Wife/Husband of a French citizen:
Proof of French citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of French nationality or naturalization order)
French marriage certificate
French family record book
French Airport Transit Visa:
Visa or another type of entry permit in the transit country
Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
France Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the French embassy/consulate in the home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
France Tech Visa (Available soon)
- The French Tech Visa is part of the “Passport Talent” scheme which was launched in 2016.
- The French Tech Visa aims to attract foreign tech talents:
- Foreign start-up & scale-up founders and employees,
- Foreign talents joining a French start-up or scale-up,
- Foreign investors and business angels.