New Zealand Skilled Migrant

New Zealand Skilled Migrant

New Zealand Skilled Migrant

New Zealand Skilled Migrant

The Skilled Migrant Category is a points system based on factors such as age, work experience, your qualifications, and an offer of skilled employment.

How it works:-

  1. Self-assessment
  2. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
  3. Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
  4. Submit a resident application
  5. Receive your visa

We invite people who have the skills to contribute to New Zealand’s economic growth to apply for this visa qualification and ability to settle in New Zealand. If your Expression of Interest is successful we’ll offer you the opportunity to apply to live and work in New Zealand indefinitely.

If you’re claiming points for work experience it must be in the same field as your qualification and job/job offer. It assesses which level your international qualification aligns to on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.

Accredited education providers and/or qualifications are those that are recognized by a government or government-mandated authority in the country/countries in which the qualification was studied and awarded, at the time of study or time of award.

Scholarship: The Scholarships Committee of the NZVCC administers a wide range of nationally available undergraduate and postgraduate awards to students who wish to study in New Zealand

Student Loan: Even those receiving student allowances can apply for a government funded student loan. While students are studying full-time, the loans are interest-free and when students have completed their studies, repayments are made through the Inland Revenue Department which is income-related.

Student Employment: Depending on the length of your course you can work for up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and full-time during the summer holidays.

You can work part time while studying full time, under certain circumstances to meet course requirements for practical work experience, or during the Christmas and New Year holiday period if you are in a full-time course of study lasting 12 months or longer.

This entry was posted in Immigration, New Zealand, Study Abroad, Work Abroad and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.