Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program For a Visa

Canadian Experience Class


The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program which allows skilled workers with Canadian work experience to obtain permanent residence in Canada. All skilled workers interested in immigrating to Canada under the Canadian Experience Class must apply through the Express Entry system. The Express Entry system is a new electronic system used to manage applications that were introduced by the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) from January 2015. It is the first and foremost step to immigrate to Canada under certain key Federal Economic Immigration Programs, one of them being the CEC.

Eligibility Conditions

Minimum Eligibility Criteria

To be able to immigrate to Canada through the CEC Program, you must satisfy the Express Entry eligibility criteria as well as the primary Program eligibility criteria mentioned as follows:

  • You must plan to live outside of the Province of Quebec.
  • You must have at least 12 months of continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time skilled work experience in Canada in the three years preceding your application.
  • You must have acquired your work experience in Canada with valid authorization. Moreover, work experience gained while you were a full-time student and self-employment will not be considered.

Skilled work experience

  • Your skilled work experience must be in one of the following groups of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC):
  • Skill Type 0 (zero) – Management jobs
  • Skill Levels A – Professional jobs
  • Skill Levels B – Technical jobs and skilled trades


  • Total Canadian skilled work experience: You need to have at least 12 months of continuous full-time work experience or an equal amount in part-time work experience in the three years preceding your application. That is,


  • At least one year of continuous full-time work – 30 hours per week for 12 months or 1,560 hours in total (or equivalent to 1-year full time)


  • An equal amount in part-time work – 15 hours per week for 24 months (1 year full time/1,560 hours in total) or 30 hours per week for 12 months (1 year full time/1,560 hours in total) at more than a single job

If you cannot prove that your skilled work experience meets the job description in the NOC, your application will not be accepted.

You might be eligible for a Bridging Open work permit if your current work permit is due to expire shortly. Bridging Open work permits enable applicants to continue working while awaiting a final decision on their permanent residence applications.

Language Abilities

You must provide evidence that you meet the Language requirements for this Program listed below:

  • The language skills you require will be determined by the group the job is classified in under the NOC system. You must satisfy the minimum level for all four language areas that are listening, speaking, reading and writing. You are required to meet the minimum level of:
  • CLB 7 in English or NCLC 7 in French for jobs in NOC Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A
  • CLB 5 in English or NCLC 5 in French for jobs in NOC Skill Level B

CLB stands for Canadian Language Benchmark and NCLC stands for Niveaux de compétence linguistic canadiens.

  • You must prove your language proficiencies in English or French by taking a language test with an agency approved or designated by the CIC and including the results when you fill out your Express Entry profile. The test results must not be more than 2 years old on the day you apply for immigration.


There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. However, if you wish to earn points for your education under the Express Entry system, it is necessary for you to have:

·         A secondary/high school or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from Canada


  • A completed foreign Educational credential and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an organization designated by CIC. The ECA report must show that your foreign education is equal to a complete Canadian secondary/high school or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree in Canada.

Apart from the above, you are also required to fulfill specific admissibility requirements.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.