Canada Educational Credential Assessment finding Equal degree

Canada Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

Educational Credential Assessment

Canada Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is a document that verifies the Canadian equivalence of a foreign degree, diploma, certificate, or other proof of education credential.

The Canada ECA report states whether an individual’s educational credential is equivalent to Canadian standards, and is valid for the purposes of Canadian immigration. If the ECA report states that the foreign educational credential is equivalent, the individual may include the information in his or her Express Entry profile.

Who needs a Canada ECA?

Candidates who wish to be considered under the Federal Skilled Worker Class are required to have a Canada ECA before entering the Express Entry pool unless their educational credential was obtained from an institution in Canada.

Candidates who wish to be considered under the Federal Skilled Trades Class or Canadian Experience Class are not required to obtain an ECA. However, if they wish to obtain points for their foreign educational credentials under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), an ECA is required. A higher CRS score is likely to increase an individual’s chances of being drawn from the pool.

The spouse or common-law partner of a candidate for any of the programs managed under the Express Entry system must also obtain an ECA for his or her foreign education if he or she wishes to claim CRS points. An ECA is not required for an accompanying spouse or partner, however, no points may be awarded without presenting an ECA.

A candidate and his or her spouse/partner (if applicable) must obtain an ECA for each credential for which he or she wishes to claim points. For example, if a candidate has completed high school, a Bachelor degree, and a graduate diploma, he or she may obtain more points under the CRS if he or she obtains an ECA for the Bachelor and the graduate diploma than if he or she had only the Bachelor degree assessed.

Obtaining a Canada ECA

In order to obtain a Canada ECA report, a candidate (and his or her accompanying spouse or partner, if applicable) submits the required documents to an organization designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). These organizations operate independently of the government of Canada. Required documents may include transcripts and certificates.

The current organizations designated by IRCC to issue ECA reports are:

  • World Education Services (Date Designated: April 17, 2013)
  • Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (Date Designated: April 17, 2013)
  • International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (Date Designated: April 17, 2013)
  • International Qualifications Assessment Service (Date Designated: August 6, 2015)
  • International Credential Evaluation Service (Date Designated: August 6, 2015)
  • Medical Council of Canada (the professional body for Doctors) (Date Designated: April 17, 2013)
  • Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (the professional body for Pharmacists) (Date Designated: January 6, 2014)

The ECA must be issued on or after the date that IRCC designated the service. In addition, the ECA must not be more than five years old on the date that IRCC receives the candidate’s Express Entry profile and application for permanent residence.

It is important to note that an ECA is not proof of accreditation or a license in a regulated profession. Professional accreditation is separate from the ECA process and is decided by regulatory authorities in each province. Find out more about Canadian Foreign Credential Assessment Services.

Our services

Canada, Australia visa and immigration consultants in Bangalore, USA, UK visa agents in Bangalore, Germany, New Zealand Visa immigration consultants in Bangalore, Work visa consultants, job consultancy services Bangalore, jobs abroad consultants, work abroad visas, study abroad visa consultants in Bangalore, dependent visa, parents dependent visa, children dependent visa, spouse visa, tourist visa USA, UK, Germany, Sweden visa consultants Bangalore, Australia PR visa consultants, Canada PR visa consultants in Bangalore, Germany job seeker visa consultants Bangalore, job seeker visa consultants, refusal visa consultants, Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Germany, Schengen visa, Transit visa, Canada express entry visa, New Zealand tourist visa, Jobs in demand in Australia, Jobs in Canada, Jobs in New Zealand, Canada visa, Australia visa, Work visa, Student visa, study visa.

This entry was posted in Canada, Canada PNP, Child Visa, Denmark, Dependent Visa, Express Entry, family visa, Germany Job Seeker Visa, Greece, Immigration, Manitoba, New Zealand, Norway Job Seeker Visa, Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program, Quebec, Refusal visa, Schengen Visa, Switzerland, Toronto, Tourist Visa, UK, Visa and Immigration, Work Abroad and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *