Australia Tourist Visa Sub Class 676 to travel to the country

Tourist Visa (subclass 676)


The Tourist Visa (subclass 676) is a temporary visa for people who desire to visit Australia for a holiday, tourism and recreational purposes, and for those visiting family and friends. This visa allows people to travel throughout Australia, visit Australia’s cities and the country’s several tourist attractions. The visa permits people to stay for up to twelve months in Australia.

Eligibility Conditions

You are eligible to apply for this visa if you are:

  • Travelling to Australia as a tourist
  • Visiting family and friends

You are not eligible to apply for this visa if you are:

  • An Australian Citizen
  • Have acquired Australian Citizenship by descent

How the Tourist Visa (subclass 676) works

The visa is easily available to all passport holders who live outside Australia and wish to visit Australia for the above-stated purposes. This visa permits people either a single or multiple entries to Australia and allows them to stay in Australia for a time duration determined by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). When your visa is granted, the Department informs you about how long you can stay in Australia and how many times you can enter Australia.

Sometimes, you will be allowed only a single entry to Australia. In such a case, if you would like to return to Australia again after you leave, you will require a new visa. If you are permitted multiple entries, you will be able to travel to and from Australia several times from the date of issuance of the visa, as long as your visa is valid. But you will be permitted to stay in Australia only for the time duration that you have been granted.

Visa Conditions

You must fulfill all visa conditions and abide by all Australian laws when you are in Australia.

The visa conditions you must comply with are listed below:

  • You can study for up to, but not more than three months, while in Australia. If you want to extend the duration of your studies, you should consider applying for a Student visa.
  • You must not work when you are in Australia on this visa. If you want to work in Australia, you would have to apply for one of the Temporary Work visas. However, you might be allowed to do volunteer work, only if the work is not otherwise done by an Australian resident in return for wages. If you are permitted to do volunteer work while on this visa, you can be reimbursed for out of pocket living expenses including meals and accommodation.
  • You are required to have sufficient health insurance while you are in Australia.

If you wish to extend your stay in Australia for tourism purposes, you have to apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600). However, you cannot apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600) if your Tourist visa (subclass 676) has a ‘No further stay’ condition (Condition 8503).

Global Gateways, Visa and Immigration Consultants based in Bangalore, specialize in immigration to Australia and New Zealand. Global Gateways has above all worked as a specialist in Australian immigration since 1997 and take pride in a reputation for professionalism and high ethical practice.

For more detailed information on the Visitor Visa (subclass 600), visit the relevant page. For more information on any of the sections of the Tourist Visa (subclass 676), visit the relevant links.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.